Dr. Alloway is fully vaccinated (including booster shots) against the Coronavirus.
Since the March 2020 beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in Alberta, psychologists have been considered “Essential Service” providers. During the first wave of the pandemic, provincial health authorities and the College of Alberta Psychologists strongly encouraged psychologists to shift their provision of services from in person to online telepsychology. Dr. Alloway provided online therapy exclusively during April and May 2020.
Under the provincial “RE-LAUNCH” plan announced in May 2020 by the Alberta Government, psychologists were able to resume offering services both in person and via telepsychology.
Dr. Alloway is now offering her patients the choice, where appropriate, to attain services in person or online via secure and encrypted video conferencing (doxy.me).
Dr. Alloway’s policy on providing safe treatment during COVID-19 is based on Public Health legislation aimed at reducing the risk of spread of COVID-19.
Office Infection Protection and Control Policies
- Dr. Alloway and her admin assistant have the right to refuse treatment to anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- Telepsychology (videoconferencing) is available in lieu of in person sessions.
- The appointment schedule has been adapted to reduce the amount of people in the office at one time, to help reduce the chance of virus spread and to allow for additional cleaning.
- The waiting room and Dr. Alloway’s office have been re-arranged to maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the waiting area and therapy office for your use.
- If you wish to wear a mask, you are welcome to do so. Dr. Alloway will also wear a mask if you wish.