Since the March 2020 beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in Alberta, psychologists have been considered “Essential Service” providers. During the first wave of the pandemic, provincial health authorities and the College of Alberta Psychologists strongly encouraged psychologists to shift their provision of services from in person to online telepsychology. Dr. Alloway provided online therapy exclusively during April and May 2020.
Under the provincial “RE-LAUNCH” plan announced in May 2020 by the Alberta Government, psychologists were able to resume offering services both in person and via telepsychology.
Dr. Alloway is now offering her patients the choice, where appropriate, to attain services in person or online via secure and encrypted video conferencing.
Dr. Alloway’s policy on providing safe treatment during COVID-19 is based on Public Health legislation aimed at reducing the risk of spread of COVID-19.
Office Infection Protection and Control Policies
- Dr. Alloway and her admin assistant have the right to refuse treatment to anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- Telepsychology (videoconferencing) is available in lieu of in person sessions.
- All visitors to the Westhills Corporate Centre must complete a screening questionnaire before entering the building.
- The appointment schedule has been adapted to reduce the amount of people in the office at one time, to help reduce the chance of virus spread and to allow for additional cleaning.
- The waiting room and Dr. Alloway’s office have been re-arranged to maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- Increased disinfection of all door handles, arm rests and other high touch public surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the building entrance, waiting area and therapy office for your use.
- If you wish to wear a mask and gloves, you are welcome to do so. Please bring your own as we have limited supplies.
- Magazines and toys have been removed from the waiting area.
- Beverages are being offered in single-use cups, or you may bring your own.
- No contact payment by credit card or debit card is now available.
Cancelling an Appointment and Cancellation Policy
You may change your appointment online via Dr. Alloway’s website from in person to online (or vice versa) up to 1 hour before your scheduled appointment time, according to your symptoms and comfort level.
If you answer YES to any of the following pre-appointment screening questions, you will not be permitted to enter the office for your appointment.
- Do you, or anyone in your household, have any of the below symptoms:
- Fever (greater than 38 degrees Celsius)
- Shortness of Breath / Difficulty Breathing
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Have you or anyone in your household travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone in your household been in contact in the last 14 days with someone who is being investigated or confirmed to be a case of COVID-19?
- Are you, or anyone in your household currently awaiting test results after being tested as a potential case of COVID-19?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 10 days?
Dr. Alloway and all building staff and practitioners will stay at home if any of the above apply to them.
The 24 – hour cancellation policy will be waived for COVID-19 related reasons.